Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Capabilities of Discoverer (Oracle 10g Business Intelligence)
Capabilities of Discoverer [message #416323] Fri, 31 July 2009 13:45
m051q9h3orqbpna
Greetings - I have questions about the capabilities of Oracle Discoverer as a reporting tool. I am aware that Oracle Discoverer can present the results of a single query in a single worksheet as a single table of rows and columns. However, I am being led to believe that Oracle Discoverer
is capable of much more flexibility in presenting data than this.

Can Oracle Discoverer present the results of multiple independent queries on a single output page?

Can the displayed results of a workbook be pulled out of the table/grid format and displayed as individual values in any layout/format the user chooses?

Is there a WYSIWYG component to Discoverer that allows the user to enter free text alongside or between cells and/or rows of data?

Can Oracle Discoverer workbooks be directly interactive like a web page form where the user can directly input data values into cells, text fields, radio buttons, etc?

I am attaching a sample report that we would like to implement in Discoverer if possible.

I am not interested in alternate suggestions of more appropriate software, but I would like to be educated on what Discoverer can and cannot do with regards to the statements above. If Discoverer can be used in conjunction with another Oracle component to provide what I am looking for, that information would be appreciated as well.
Previous Topic: how to install Report Server in Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.1.2.0.2)
Next Topic: Comma in the data creating porblem for excel file (csv) generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 16:52:06 CDT 2024