Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REPORTS
REPORTS [message #415104] Fri, 24 July 2009 16:15 Go to next message
kilimanjaro
HI Everyone.please assist me on the report problem am getting.
i have created five diferent groups both linked by empno. and both have the sum of losses grouped by employee no.
i want to sum the sum of all groups but am getting error REP 1517-reference column before its frequency.i tried placing the formular column into each group but still nothing.i olso placed it outside all groups but still errors .please assist.

Re: REPORTS [message #415112 is a reply to message #415104] Fri, 24 July 2009 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shaz
You are placing the fields in wrong order.
You have to place the fields in chronological order in the relevant repeating frame.
Re: REPORTS [message #415145 is a reply to message #415112] Sat, 25 July 2009 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
Hi Shaz
thankx for your quick reply.
but chonological order how???

look i have three groups , the main group and the other two sub-groups.they re linked by transaction_date.
now i want the sum of return(:jumla1+:jumla2+:sells);

I HAVE TRIED PLACING THE FORMULA IN ALL GROUPS AT A TIME STILL I GOT THE ERROR REP 1517-REFERENCING.......FREQUENCY BELOW ITS GROUP

the quey is as below.

THANKYOU.

MAIN GROUP

select A.TRANSACTION_DATE,sum(a.GENERAL_TOTAL)SELLS
from en_daily_sells3 a
WHERE A.TRANSACTION_DATE=:SELECT_SELLS_DATE
OR A.TRANSACTION_DATE=:THIS_DAY
group by A.TRANSACTION_DATE
order by A.TRANSACTION_DATE

SUB_GROUPS

select sum(amount )jumla2
,transaction_date from OUTDATED_payments
group by transaction_date
order by transaction_date

SELECT SUM(amount)jumla1,transaction_date FROM purchases_payments
GROUP BY transaction_date
order by transaction_date

Re: REPORTS [message #415312 is a reply to message #415104] Mon, 27 July 2009 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shaz
what formula you have written???? the formula should be written in the parent group.

If you only want the sum, why don't you merge all your query to one and then calculate the sum within the query itself.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 July 2009 04:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: REPORTS [message #416841 is a reply to message #415104] Tue, 04 August 2009 12:41 Go to previous message
kilimanjaro
OK OP.Thankyou for all kinds of ideas. you should be patient with me.OK i have already solved this problem. all i did was creating sum within the main group from all those other groups.IT worked.
Previous Topic: report ask user to save pdf file before opening pdf
Next Topic: Matrix report summary column heading.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:35:26 CDT 2024