Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » report header (developer)
report header [message #411500] Sat, 04 July 2009 07:10 Go to next message
lacchhii

Hi all,

I have created a report in d2k and am facing a problem in the header section.

My report spread to 5 pages and the name of the report is in text box like this

Statement No 15 -- Loans and advances --- Continued

My problem is i want the heading in all the pages with the word continued only from the second page to last but one page and the word concluded in the last page.

I could only find the options such as All pages, first page, last page, all but first page and all but last page.

could anyone let me know the proceedure

narayan
Re: report header [message #411509 is a reply to message #411500] Sat, 04 July 2009 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
calluru
Hi,

"all but first page" sounds like the option you should choose. Put "Continuous" in a separate field and set this option. It will be printed in all pages except first.

There's also format triggers for fields which should return either true or false. If false is returned then that field will not be displayed. I have used this trigger to control the display factor and the content of the field. You can try this too.

-- Balaji

[Updated on: Sat, 04 July 2009 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: report header [message #411568 is a reply to message #411509] Sun, 05 July 2009 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

thanx for the reply. I did put "continuous" using "All but first page".

01) That will print the word "continuous" in the last page also, which i don't want

02) I also want to put "Concluded" in the same place and only in the last page.

I want the header to look like this

Statement -15 Loans and Advances "continous" -- b/w 2nd and last but one page
Statement -15 Loans and Advances "concluded" -- only on the last page, and also at the same place where continous was.
Re: report header [message #411571 is a reply to message #411500] Sun, 05 July 2009 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
calluru
Hi,

You should create 2 boiler plates; one with "Continued" and the other with "Concluded". Overlay both of them.

Set "Concluded" to print only in the last page.

Set "Continued" to print "all but first page".

In the format trigger for "Continued" return false if the current page is the last page. The srw.get_page_num() function would return you the current page number. But the trick is to calculate the last page number. There's no direct way for this.

There's an oracle metalink document to calculate this. The document id is 130432.1. Don't worry if you don't have the metalink account, the document is on the web.

Try it out.

-- Balaji
Re: report header [message #411573 is a reply to message #411571] Sun, 05 July 2009 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

thanks for the reply.

There's an oracle metalink document to calculate this. The document id is 130432.1. Don't worry if you don't have the metalink account, the document is on the web.

could you pl give me the web address. I don't have an account and i couldn't find it in the web

lacchhii
Re: report header [message #414599 is a reply to message #411573] Wed, 22 July 2009 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

I checked the metalink document id 130432.1 . there also the problem has been posed and i didn't find the solution being mentioned there.

There's also format triggers for fields which should return either true or false. If false is returned then that field will not be displayed. I have used this trigger to control the display factor and the content of the field. You can try this too.

could you pl give me the code used for the trigger for me to try it out.

thanks in advance

lacchhii
Re: report header [message #415097 is a reply to message #414599] Fri, 24 July 2009 14:05 Go to previous message
calluru
/**

Calculate the total number of pages using the metalink document

Use the below code template in the format trigger.

**/

IF srw.get_page_num() = :total_number_of_pages THEN
   RETURN FALSE;
ELSE
   RETURN TRUE;
END IF;
Previous Topic: WITH Clause with Report Builder
Next Topic: Error to run report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:14:10 CDT 2024