Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Export Discoverer query to Excel directly
Export Discoverer query to Excel directly [message #410519] Sat, 27 June 2009 19:20 Go to next message
Wega
Hi all-
Iam new to this forum. Iam an accountant so not too technically strong in IT related issues. We use discoverer to run queries on a regular basis, I usually click the "export to excel" icon on the menu and it would directly export the query to excel. But recently I got a new laptop from my company and when I try to export the query, it saves itself on the C drive, everytime I need to go into explorer to get the query. Is there some setting that I could change where I could export excel sheet directly?

Note: I did not have this problem in my old laptop, so Iam sure there is some setting that needs to changed.

Please let me know what needs to be done. Thanks in advance.

Also when I googled I came across the following info, which I tried but did not work.

About using Internet Explorer v6.0 when exporting to Microsoft Excel format
If you are exporting from Discoverer Plus Relational to Microsoft Excel using Internet Explorer v6.0, a separate browser window might not launch as expected. This problem is due to a change in behavior in Internet Explorer v6.0.

Follow these instructions to work around the problem by specifying the Discoverer middle tier as a trusted site in Internet Explorer:

1.Select Tools | Internet Options from the Internet Explorer menu bar to display the Internet Options dialog.

2.Display the Security tab.

3.Select the Trusted Sites icon and click the Sites button to display the Trusted sites dialog.

4.Enter the URL of the Discoverer middle tier in the format: htt://<host.domain>:<port>, where:

•<host.domain> is the server name and domain on which the Oracle HTTP Server is installed

•<port> is the port number (typically 7777 or 7778) on which Discoverer is installed

Note: If you do not know the host.domain or port details, contact the Discoverer manager.

Thanks!
Re: Export Discoverer query to Excel directly [message #413591 is a reply to message #410519] Thu, 16 July 2009 10:32 Go to previous message
Rod123
Hopefully you found an answer to this already but if not it seems to me you should take to your LAN administrator. They should be able to figure out.

If you don't have one...perhaps you can access your old machine and follow the logic for that one. Good luck.

Wega wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 16:20
Hi all-
Iam new to this forum. Iam an accountant so not too technically strong in IT related issues. We use discoverer to run queries on a regular basis, I usually click the "export to excel" icon on the menu and it would directly export the query to excel. But recently I got a new laptop from my company and when I try to export the query, it saves itself on the C drive, everytime I need to go into explorer to get the query. Is there some setting that I could change where I could export excel sheet directly?

Note: I did not have this problem in my old laptop, so Iam sure there is some setting that needs to changed.

Please let me know what needs to be done. Thanks in advance.

Also when I googled I came across the following info, which I tried but did not work.

About using Internet Explorer v6.0 when exporting to Microsoft Excel format
If you are exporting from Discoverer Plus Relational to Microsoft Excel using Internet Explorer v6.0, a separate browser window might not launch as expected. This problem is due to a change in behavior in Internet Explorer v6.0.

Follow these instructions to work around the problem by specifying the Discoverer middle tier as a trusted site in Internet Explorer:

1.Select Tools | Internet Options from the Internet Explorer menu bar to display the Internet Options dialog.

2.Display the Security tab.

3.Select the Trusted Sites icon and click the Sites button to display the Trusted sites dialog.

4.Enter the URL of the Discoverer middle tier in the format: htt://<host.domain>:<port>, where:

•<host.domain> is the server name and domain on which the Oracle HTTP Server is installed

•<port> is the port number (typically 7777 or 7778) on which Discoverer is installed

Note: If you do not know the host.domain or port details, contact the Discoverer manager.

Thanks!

Previous Topic: No Page Break at the end of report.
Next Topic: Query against Discoverer Reports, by a specific folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:31:05 CDT 2024