Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report flooding smtp ? (Report 10g)
Report flooding smtp ? [message #406768] Fri, 05 June 2009 13:22
Exagon
Overview:

I generate a big pdf file, that is corresponding to a paid period for 387 employees.
I have a "repeat on" for each email address of all those employees and report is then
suppose to send a mail to each employee with the only their own payment. This is working
as intended 95% of the time, each person get a file attached to their mail. BUT sometime,
one of my employee, received someone else payment. I can't reproduce it, it's happen
from time to time.

Specific case:

On this week paid period, i used the procedure that launch the report as everytime, the report is
generated, the 387 mails are sent. Employee #182 receive the payment of Employee #183!

Employee #183 received is own payment too, and nobody never received #182 payment...
On the global report, these two employee are following each other, 182,183... etc Smile

I am using a destination file that contain something like

<foreach>
<mail id="D1" to="&amp;&lt;EMAIL&gt;" from="admin@company.com" subject="This week payment">
<body srcType="text">
Here is your payment for the week.... bla bla bla
</body>
<attach format="pdf" name="32855060458200910.PDF" instance="this">
<include src="report"/>
</attach>
</mail>
</foreach>"

Question:

Is that because report sometime glitch or something like that and mistake some records,
because if i launch this report several time, it will always be correct, this "bug"
happen 1-2 time per year (according 1 launch every week) and due to the nature of the content,
it's frustrating. Is there a way to change the time between each mail, like a delay, it is because
i flood the mail server ? What can i do ?

[Updated on: Fri, 05 June 2009 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: REP-50159 Error When Mail
Next Topic: Sequence No reinitialization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:26:15 CDT 2024