Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer Report - GL Date parameter (Discoverer 10G)
Discoverer Report - GL Date parameter [message #405829] Fri, 29 May 2009 14:23 Go to next message
aaashwini@gmail.com
Hi,

I need to create a parameter for GL Date for my workbook. I have included the GL_DATE field in my view and tried to add item class definition to it. Hence the GL Date list of values shows only those values which the view is stored. But the user wants the flexibility to select any date from the calendar. Please let me know how do I implement GL Date parameter to show all the dates active in the calendar.

Thanks
Re: Discoverer Report - GL Date parameter [message #406132 is a reply to message #405829] Tue, 02 June 2009 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SanthoshKumar_s

Hi,

Please clarify the below things..

"GL Date parameter to show all the dates active in the calendar."

a. what is the source for these active dates?
If the source is a database object, we can do it.

b. If you want to accept any date for the parameter ie.. selecting the date from the calendar as we do in Oracle Apps.

This is not possible in Discoverer Desktop, but in Discoverer Plus we can add the calendar i beleive which im not sure.

Thanks,
Santhosh

Re: Discoverer Report - GL Date parameter [message #406144 is a reply to message #406132] Tue, 02 June 2009 08:51 Go to previous message
aaashwini@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply. I was able to enable calendar to my workbook. Date field is database field and enabled by removing the earlier item class which was defined for it.

Thank you..
Previous Topic: Cannot use inline query in formula columns
Next Topic: PRT File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:02:07 CDT 2024