Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to declare identifier 'FADOLIF'? (Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0)
How to declare identifier 'FADOLIF'? [message #405656] Thu, 28 May 2009 23:15 Go to next message
virgo
I was unable to compile report 'FAS420.rdf' with error :-

'Error 201 at line 4, column 9
identifier 'FADOLIF' must be declared.
Statement ignored'

Attempt to add 3 new columns in the report ie vendor_name, invoice_number and cheque_number but the overall total report will wrongly added.

Thanks and Regards
Zaharah
Re: How to declare identifier 'FADOLIF'? [message #405675 is a reply to message #405656] Fri, 29 May 2009 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
"fadolif" is used in one of report's triggers (or procedures), but has never been declared. Therefore, open the report in Reports Developer, find all appearances of the "fadolif" identifier and fix the error.

You have opened this topic in the "Test" forum; it is NOT to be used for anything else but testing your posting skills. However, as you haven't open another topic within the last hour, I will move it over to the "Reports" forum. If you feel that it belongs somewhere else, please, report this message to moderator and explain what would you want to be done.
Re: How to declare identifier 'FADOLIF'? [message #405742 is a reply to message #405675] Fri, 29 May 2009 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
virgo
Hi Littlefoot

I'm new to the oracle reports. Could you please help me? Currently I'm stuck at the function declaration in formula screen as follows :-

function D_LIFEFormula return VARCHAR2 is
begin

return (fadolif(:life, :adj_rate, :bonus_rate, :prod));
end;

This is from the existing oracle report FAS420.rdf.

Managed to find fadolif.pll in $AU_TOP/plsql dir but was unable to find fadolif.plx in the $AU_TOP/resource dir. Do I need to generate the library too?

Thanks and Regards
Re: How to declare identifier 'FADOLIF'? [message #405753 is a reply to message #405742] Fri, 29 May 2009 05:53 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that FADOLIF is, actually, a function that returns a value which is then returned by report's function (the one whose code you have posted).

Quote:
Do I need to generate the library too?
I guess that you might do that and see what happens.
Previous Topic: Passing parameters to reports from forms.
Next Topic: how can I prevent user to print report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:07:28 CDT 2024