Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Export data from RDF to Excel (Reports 10g)
Export data from RDF to Excel [message #405488] Thu, 28 May 2009 01:00 Go to next message
ashok_lila

Hi All,

I stuck in a issue.
I want to generate the excel output from a RDF.
If I am using the DESFORMAT=DELIMITED then I am getting unformated data and some time I am getting less data as per PDF output.
There are about 25 queries with interrelated way.

Can anyone suggest How can I get the output in excel from a RDF.

In Reports 6i Functionality was working while we were running reports because of reports were running in Previewer mode but in 10g reports output coming in PDF format.

Please help me in urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Ashok K Gupta
Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #406946 is a reply to message #405488] Sun, 07 June 2009 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sysman2007
SET DESFORMAT = SPREADSHEET
DECLARE
  V_PAR_OTHERS VARCHAR2(512);
BEGIN
  V_PAR_OTHERS := 'DESFORMAT = SPREADSHEET'; 
END;

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 22:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #407548 is a reply to message #406946] Wed, 10 June 2009 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gaurav.mcabanti
hi

please tell us.. where to write the code mentioned by you for setting the desformat.

i am setting this in the property of desformat in reports 6i

but result is report not converted to excel.

please help.

Gaurav Kumar Sharma
Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #408259 is a reply to message #407548] Mon, 15 June 2009 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

even i have the same problem. i am using oracle 8i. where should one write the code. i will be needing in every rdf report. i tried to set desformat = spreadsheet in the property palatte, but couldn't achieve the result. Pl explain it in detail.

thanks in advance
Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #408274 is a reply to message #408259] Mon, 15 June 2009 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi,

I did try using the code in the property pallette validation trigger. how do i get the report in excel form. i did try to save it giving an xls extension, but i don't get the desired result

where have i gone wrong?

lacchhii
Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #408710 is a reply to message #408274] Wed, 17 June 2009 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashok_lila

Hi,

You can set the desformat for tabular type reports and it will give you the approxiate result but while we have group above or other type of reports we can't just set as Desformat and can't get the proper formatted result in excel.

For this we have to use the another code functionality at format triggers of different level frames:

declare
v_FileID Utl_File.File_Type;
BEGIN
IF NOT (Utl_File.Is_Open(v_FileID)) THEN
v_FileID:= Utl_File.Fopen(Location=>'FLS_ORAOUT',
FileName=>:p_filename, Open_Mode=>'W', Max_Linesize =>
32767);
END IF;
Utl_File.Putf(v_FileID, '\n');
Utl_File.Put(v_FileID,'Eqpt. No.'||chr(9));
Utl_File.Put(v_FileID,'Qty.'||chr(9));
Utl_File.Fclose(v_FileID);
END;

This code we have to write on different level of frames.
In initial code we have to arite a new file and then we have to append the data in our next codes.

Using of this code you can set formatting of your report output in any manner without loosing you cirrent report layout.

Thanks
Ashok
Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #411569 is a reply to message #408710] Sun, 05 July 2009 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

hi ahok,

01) could you pl give me a screenshot of the different level frame where the code has to be entered

In initial code we have to arite a new file and then we have to append the data in our next codes.

i could get this point. could you pl explain it in detail. Sorry i am quite new to oracle.

02) After writing this code and the report generated, how do i save it in excel file?

thanks in advance

lacchhii
Re: Export data from RDF to Excel [message #514693 is a reply to message #408710] Tue, 05 July 2011 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mfa786
sir i past this code in
DESFORMAT/Validation/Trigger

declare
v_FileID Utl_File.File_Type;
BEGIN
--IF NOT (Utl_File.Is_Open(v_FileID)) THEN v_FileID:= Utl_File.Fopen(Location=>'FLS_ORAOUT', FileName=>:p_filename, Open_Mode=>'W', Max_Linesize => 32767);
IF NOT (Utl_File.Is_Open(v_FileID)) THEN v_FileID:= Utl_File.Fopen(Location=>'FLS_ORAOUT', FileName=>'fahim.xls', Open_Mode=>'W', Max_Linesize => 32767);
END IF;
Utl_File.Putf(v_FileID, '\n');
Utl_File.Put(v_FileID,'Eqpt. No.'||chr(9));
Utl_File.Put(v_FileID,'Qty.'||chr(9));
Utl_File.Fclose(v_FileID);
END;

1. when i try to comply that give me error of declare line
then i remarks this line --declare and complied

2. when i run this report that give me error
REP-1401 : 'desformatvalidtrigger': Fatal PL/SQL error occurred.

please give me idea how i convert my report to xls format

best regard

fahim
icon14.gif  Re: convert matrix report to excel [message #517326 is a reply to message #405488] Mon, 25 July 2011 07:12 Go to previous message
shantysaggu007

hello to all
i m converting a matrix report to excel,
but i m facing problem row over right on format trigger( fram across),
so it not send all data in excell
if any one have any idea plzz help meeee.[/color]

byeeee.....

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2011 07:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Migrate from reports 6i to reports 11g
Next Topic: Report Field Value to be Printed Partially in 3 Places
Goto Forum: