Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Customizing PickSlip Reports (Release 12i)
Customizing PickSlip Reports [message #400870] Thu, 30 April 2009 02:26 Go to next message
svk579
Hi Experts,

I ran pick slip report in oracle apps. The output is a file where i cannot see some fields like customer_name, order_number, carrier, ship_to_address etc.

I am customizing the report.
Let me take an example:
When i was back tracking order_number,in the property pallette it was sourced to cf_order_number(formula column). i clicked on the pl/sql formula which had this code:

function cf_order_number return number is
begin
if :order_number_flag = 'Y' then
return :source_header_number;
else
return null;
end if;
end;

when the function is called it returns the source_header_number from wsh_delivery_details.
But why cant i see the order_number when the output is generated. should i update anything? please let me know?

Re: Customizing PickSlip Reports [message #400880 is a reply to message #400870] Thu, 30 April 2009 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
But why cant i see the order_number when the output is generated

Because it is NULL?
Re: Customizing PickSlip Reports [message #400957 is a reply to message #400880] Thu, 30 April 2009 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
svk579
when i run the query in toad the value comes...but it doesn't show up anything when i run the report from oracle apps...
Re: Customizing PickSlip Reports [message #401004 is a reply to message #400957] Fri, 01 May 2009 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is there any format trigger attached to that field? The one that ends up with "return (false)", for example?
Re: Customizing PickSlip Reports [message #401169 is a reply to message #401004] Fri, 01 May 2009 22:25 Go to previous message
svk579
Hey LittleFoot,

Thanks for your precious time and responding.

Finally i got it.
The thing that was missing was, since it was customization pickslip report some fields were not selected in the queries. So i manually enetered those fields in the queries and from the layout model i created the required fields and referenced it to the corresponding column in the query.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.
Previous Topic: how to make Opening balance plus page total as carry forward on page
Next Topic: rwrun error - ORA-01012: not logged on
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:55:02 CDT 2024