Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to bold text (return value) in function, which is displayed on report.
How to bold text (return value) in function, which is displayed on report. [message #399429] Wed, 22 April 2009 03:08 Go to next message
adnanBIH
Hello everyone, i have a function which returns value to a field, on report. The value is a text, which is changed dynamically. I would like to bold some part of text, depending on some conditions.
How can I achieve that, I tried to insert html tags
(<b> bolded text </b>), and also tried to use chr() function, but it couldn't work.
For example, this is return part of function:

function CF_partIFormula return Char is
begin
return('text <b>text</b> text');
end;

OR
function CF_partIFormula return Char is
begin
'||$chr(2) $+||' ZAHTJEV '||$+$chr(2)||'
end;

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to bold text (return value) in function, which is displayed on report. [message #399531 is a reply to message #399429] Wed, 22 April 2009 15:28 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I wouldn't know how to do that "your way"; perhaps certain tags might do the job, but I don't know how to do that.

Though, could you try something different? It would be a little bit more complicated as you'd have to write a few functions - one for the bold text, and up to two "normal" texts (one in front of bold text, and one behind it).

Something like this:
REM Function_1
return ('first part of your text, normal');

REM Function_2
return ('this is supposed to be bold');

REM Function_3
return ('normal text again');

Then you'd place them into the Paper Layout Editor using "&" notation, such as

/forum/fa/6065/0/
Previous Topic: 3 Table date in one report
Next Topic: where is the problem?
Goto Forum: