Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » OCFS2 related help (OCFS2)
OCFS2 related help [message #399331] Tue, 21 April 2009 11:39 Go to next message
pkalle
Hi,
I am a new user of OCFS2. I am using it on zLinux SLES11 GA. Basically I have a shared file getting accessed across the cluster nodes. If I use this file in a read-only mode, then my application completes in 5 seconds.
But if I use it in RW mode it takes around 60 seconds. The file on the OCFS2 is basically a cache file which may be written to as well if not used in read only mode.
However, if I use 2 instances of the application running on the same node to access the cache in RW mode it takes ~7 seconds which seems to be reasonable.
My query is why is there a significant difference in the performance if the application is accessing the cache in RW mode from 2 different nodes as against same node ?
I would like to understand how the actual file access works from across the nodes and how is it different from accessing from the same node.
Is there a way I can overcome the overhead by tuning some paramters of OCFS2 ?
Thanks in anticipation of a solution.
..Prasanna
Re: OCFS2 related help [message #399891 is a reply to message #399331] Fri, 24 April 2009 06:49 Go to previous message
babuknb

Check

/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf

Babu
Previous Topic: OCFS2
Next Topic: Transparent Application Failover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:35:19 CDT 2024