Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report 2.5 inserting results of report into a table (Report 2.5, Oracle 7.3.4)
Report 2.5 inserting results of report into a table [message #397977] Tue, 14 April 2009 13:10 Go to next message
jsunval
Looking to take the results of an oracle report and inserting specific data from the report into a table after the report finishes running. Not sure where to start? I think I need to do something in the report triggers.
Re: Report 2.5 inserting results of report into a table [message #397999 is a reply to message #397977] Tue, 14 April 2009 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd say that you are right - triggers are capable of inserting data into a table. What data are you, actually, talking about? If it is some kind of logging information (for example, time when report was executed), no problem.

If you'd, on the other hand, want to insert result of report's query, whoa, that's something different as you'll have to execute the report twice - first time to create report output, and the second time to do INSERT INTO ... SELECT FROM. I'm not sure that this is something I'd like to do.
Re: Report 2.5 inserting results of report into a table [message #398001 is a reply to message #397999] Tue, 14 April 2009 15:13 Go to previous message
jsunval
I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Definitely don't want to execute the report twice. I'll have to think of something else.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Hijri Dates
Next Topic: REP-0081: Error during file I/O operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:25:27 CDT 2024