Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports 10g Issues
icon5.gif  Reports 10g Issues [message #390066] Wed, 04 March 2009 16:19 Go to next message
namitanamburi
Issue 1 :

Unable to run web reports on Developer 10g

1)I downloaded Oracle developer suite 10g demo from OTN. I already have my oracle reports 6i on same PC which works fine even now after installing 10g as I have installed them on same PC at different locations. My forms 10g works fine but my reports 10g troubles me and does not run a web layout. There is no action when i click on RUN WEB LAYOUT. The paper layout gets generated but seems like there is an issue with Running Web layout.

I surfed online and tried starting oc4j instance ,,,,,,,,,,but no luck.

I looked someone mentioning about the reports_path, I tried looking at that .

Run
regedit

looked at HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE AND THEN LOOKED AT ORA10GDS ----REPORTS_PATH

It has same path as that of my office PC which has licensed oracle 10g (well the oracle_home names (as I have named them differently) are different but path is same).

Kindly help to fix this issue.

Issue 2:

Also is there any option in report 10g to change the web browser like in forms 10g

Forms 10g -------preferences---------------runtime -------------change <browser>.exe

Issue 3 :

Our Java developers are developing user interface screens using Java Hibernate, wicket etc. Being a reports developer I was asked if there is anyway that they can call reports directly from Java in Oracle reports 10g

Do any of these two options have the potential to work

1) Create a parameter form in reports 10g then pass the control from Java WEB interface to this Parameter form of reports 10g, enter the parameters and run the report. For this to be made possible the architect wants me to check if I can call reports 10g using a URL in a webbrowser because this will help him create a link between his web interface and my report.

As long as I can create a URL and assure him that anybody within the network with valid login credentials can click on that URL in a web browser will be able to generate report then he will take care of the rest of linking user screens to these report URL.

I tried using the syntax available on OTN to call existing reports through a browser but it did not work.

Can anyone suggest the steps of handling this if there is a possibilty.

2) Simply create a form 10g and using Run_product_object and call the reports.

I know this works but if anyone of you see the potential for Possibility one to work, kindly let me know.
Thanks in advance
Namita

[Updated on: Wed, 04 March 2009 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports 10g Issues [message #390111 is a reply to message #390066] Thu, 05 March 2009 00:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, I'm not very helpful. Though, here you are:

Issue 2: I believe that it depends on your operating system default web browser. Every browser (I have used) has an option to check whether it is (or is not) your default browser and offers to become one. As far as I can tell, MS Internet Explorer 6.0 works properly with Oracle 10g's development tools (which includes Reports).

Issue 3-2: Perhaps you should investigate use of WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT and use it instead of RUN_PRODUCT_OBJECT.
Previous Topic: Calendar option for date parameter in discoverer desktop
Next Topic: Ora-01858 a non numeric character.......
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:58:08 CDT 2024