Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » global temporary table
global temporary table [message #387859] Fri, 20 February 2009 23:15 Go to next message
charuamit
Hi,

Can we create a temporary global table at backend and populate it in our report ?
I did tht.... my report works fine...i have given the populate code in after parameter form.... bt the problem z report works fine on the first run...if i again run the parameter form it does nt show anything....And i have to close the full report builder,re-open and again run....

What 2 do ?

Thanks and regards.

Charu.
Re: global temporary table [message #387914 is a reply to message #387859] Sat, 21 February 2009 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How did you create a global temporary table (exact statement)? Did you specify ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS?

Please, write in plain English. Your message is full of unreadable abbreviations such as "tht", "bt", "z", "nt", "2 do". If you expect the answer, use words that everyone understands. As of myself, next time I'll simply skip over your unreadable question.
Re: global temporary table [message #387930 is a reply to message #387914] Sat, 21 February 2009 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charuamit
sorry for the abbreviations

my script for global temporary table is :

creating global temporary tables

1 create global temporary table lib_bk_class_tmp(
2 class_no VARCHAR2(20),
3 BOOK_NAME VARCHAR2(200),
4 author_name VARCHAR2(50),
5 PUBLISH_DATE NUMBER(4),
6 CLASS_TYPE VARCHAR2(10),
7 serial NUMBER(10),
8 book_counter NUMBER(4),
9 book_id NUMBER(10)
10* )on commit delete rows

even if i tried on commit preserve rows nothing changed...it was still executing just once .....then i had to exit report builder and reopen....

But if i create a form and call that report then it works fine....i get all the labels...

So problem solved other way round.

Thanks.
Charu.
Re: global temporary table [message #387944 is a reply to message #387930] Sun, 22 February 2009 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charuamit
hi !

what if i want to call the report directly instead of form forms ?
where do i create the global tempoarry table so that it is acessible between parameter form runs......

thanks.
charu.
Re: global temporary table [message #387971 is a reply to message #387944] Sun, 22 February 2009 13:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
where do i create the global tempoarry table

In the database, of course.

Tables in an Oracle database, which includes global temporary tables, should be pre-created (i.e. not created, dropped, created, dropped, ... as some databases do). In order to do that, create them as you already did: using SQL*Plus.
Previous Topic: Running Reports 10g on Vista
Next Topic: Two Parameter form in single report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:01:46 CDT 2024