Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed (Reports 10g Release 1)
Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed [message #387409] Thu, 19 February 2009 02:30 Go to next message
Rohan_de_silva
Hi,

We have a very unusual problem (For Reports 10g Release1).

A report we developed gives correct output when run in the report designer's previewer (paper layout).

But when we deploy the report in the web server, give the same inputs and run it it gives the wrong output. I.e. it shows extra rows that should not be there.

Why do you think this is?

We are unable to locate the problem source.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rohan
Re: Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed [message #387415 is a reply to message #387409] Thu, 19 February 2009 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What are "extra rows"? Empty lines or data that shouldn't be there?
Re: Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed [message #387420 is a reply to message #387415] Thu, 19 February 2009 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohan_de_silva
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Extra lines are rows that come which should not be there.

I have uploaded a screenshot of the output we get when we deploy and run the report (scr 4.GIF in File Attachments below).

Under 'Usage' field, the red circled ones are rows that should not be there, since they are BELOW the 'Threshold Value'.

When we run the report in the reports designer, we only get the correct rows (i.e. rows which has 'Usage' less than or equal to the 'Threshold Value'').

Regards,
Rohan.
  • Attachment: scr 4.GIF
    (Size: 43.91KB, Downloaded 786 times)
Re: Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed [message #387438 is a reply to message #387420] Thu, 19 February 2009 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Huh, strange ...

Did you try to "Compile All" the report (Ctrl + Shift + K) before moving it to the application server?

[Updated on: Thu, 19 February 2009 04:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed [message #387445 is a reply to message #387409] Thu, 19 February 2009 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohan_de_silva
Yeah, we do that every time before create the REP.
Re: Reports gives correct output in previewer but not when deployed [message #387459 is a reply to message #387445] Thu, 19 February 2009 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I have no idea. That's really awkward; why would the same report (it IS the same report, right? You didn't misplaced it?) produce different results when run in paper layout and web layout?

SELECT statement can't be the reason - it just doesn't make sense and, as far as I can tell, layout type doesn't affect query results.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what to do. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help. Anyway, if you ever come to solution, please, post it here.
Solved the problem [message #388226 is a reply to message #387459] Mon, 23 February 2009 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohan_de_silva
We finally solved it.

Problem was we were using a ''User Parameter'' (which did not actually get any input from when the report was being called) as a placeholder column.

Once we removed it and put a placeholder in place of that it worked fine both in developer and server.

This goes to show that we should not use user parameters to do calculations in the report.

Thanks for your inputs.

Really appreicate it.
Re: Solved the problem [message #388236 is a reply to message #388226] Tue, 24 February 2009 00:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oh, so it was a parameter who produced such a mess?!? Can't believe it!

Thank you for the feedback; I'm glad you managed to solve the problem!
Previous Topic: How to run the report 10g?
Next Topic: Problems when migrating Windows forms to Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 10:29:28 CDT 2024