Home » Other » Client Tools » Navigator problem for stored procedure (TOAD FOR ORACLE VERSION 9.1.0.62)
Navigator problem for stored procedure [message #385168] Fri, 06 February 2009 16:02 Go to next message
JannaMontana
I have been creating a new stored procedure and have been saving and compiling as I go along. When it doesn't compile I comment out the lastest code and work on it in smaller chunks.

But now the problem...I save my code into one .sql file but it opens as two tabs in Toad. I can click on the first tab and see information in the navigator window and it compiles ok. Normally the same will occur with the second tab--information about my code (variables and procedure names, etc). After this last go around, my navigator window for the second tab is missing information. All that displays is "comment". Everything else is gone.

Where did it go and how do I get it back again? Plus it no longer gives me information about any compile errors. I use the "Execute Statement" icon to compile.

Does any one know what's up?

Re: Navigator problem for stored procedure [message #385214 is a reply to message #385168] Sat, 07 February 2009 12:43 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I save my code into one .sql file but it opens as two tabs in Toad.
That's ridiculous! Why would 1 SQL file occupy 2 tabs?!?

As far as I can tell, if you double-click on a package in TOAD's Schema Browser window, it will open two tabs: one for a package specification, and another one for a package body. A simple SQL is always opened in a single tab. Which means - I'm confused.

Could you, perhaps, post a screenshot? I'd like to see how it looks like (I'm not saying that I'll know what to do, though).
Previous Topic: Formatting a string
Next Topic: Problem in opening oracle9i in Browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:13:57 CDT 2024