Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Indexing comma delimited Info.- (Oracle 10g, 10.2.0.3)
Indexing comma delimited Info.- [message #383220] Tue, 27 January 2009 16:50 Go to next message
redonisc
Hello, i'm working on a solution based on oracle text to index names of people and companies, but the problem is how to handle a delimiter that is part of the data, this is the sintax:

[1st last name],[2nd last name], [married last name], [1st first name],[2nd first name]

Ej.:(note: on a missing married last name it omits the string and you get ,,) like :
ABBOTT,HAIM,,JULIE,JEAN
ABDELHAFIZ,IBRAHIM,,MAHFOUZ,IBRAHIM
ABULARACH,GARCIA,,JORGE,ALFREDO

Using all fields:
ABDO,GARCIA,WILLIAMS,ROSA,MARIA
BRAN,PINZON,POZUELOS,MARIA,MAGDALENA
BUSTAMANTE,GOMAR,PEREIRA,SANDRA,IRENE

In other hand you have in the same table and field, names of companies like:
AGROMUNDO, S.A.
AMERICANAS, S.A.
BOXUS, S.A.

As you see some times there's a visible white space( ) between words, but in regular cases like:
BRAN,PINZON,POZUELOS,MARIA,MAGDALENA
There's not.

In the index table(XXX$I) i get a full name token it doesnt take logic tokens like:
BRAN
PINZON
POZUELOS
MARIA
MAGDALENA

Is there a way to configure context to set the , as a break word and get this right(already tried to set the character(,) in the break words with no luck)?

Or do you suggest any strategy on this?

Thanks for your comments Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2009 09:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Indexing comma delimited Info.- [message #383410 is a reply to message #383220] Wed, 28 January 2009 15:51 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Please see the responses to your thread on the same subject on the OTN Text forum:

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=852617&tstart=0
Previous Topic: CTX_Doc.Snippet and XPS
Next Topic: Offset characters in Snippet for html files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:36:15 CDT 2024