Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Creating Web template in Report Builder (Report Builder, 10.1.2.0.2, WinXP)
icon9.gif  Creating Web template in Report Builder [message #382706] Fri, 23 January 2009 12:39
Vperalta
Hi:

I'm on Oracle 10g,
Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2,
WinxP, Local Client

I have created a report template file (.tdf) (for the paper layout) and associated HTML file for the (Web Layout).

I made changes in "rwtemplate.xml" file to associate my template file (.tdf) with the html file.

Both template (.tdf) file and .html files were copied under
<oracle_home>\Reports\templates directory.

I am having following problems

1. When I create a new report using report wizard and tell wizard to use my template file, it does so and the display is as it should be on the paper layout. For the web layout, it does use the required .html file to render the output, but does not recognize my image file. (It prints a blank box, where the image should be, instead). (When I view the websource, I do see a line referencing the my image file located under /images.) My customised image is a standard .jpg file and is copied under
<ORACLE_HOME>/REPORTS/DOCROOT/IMAGES directory. I tried too with a .gif, and nothing. It recognizes all the other images (i.e., system provided image logos such as rwblue_logo, rwgreen_logo etc, used by predefined templates that are shipped with Report builder), but does not recognize my custom image, though located in the same path as the other images.

2. I am trying to add my template to the prefined template list and followed the steps given in the HELP of Report Builder.

Whats the solution to the above problems?

Thanks.

Vperalta
Previous Topic: Printing to more than one printer from Paramform
Next Topic: Discoverer 10g Desktop & Admin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:55:04 CDT 2024