Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » The Long datatype and Oracle7 string manipulations
The Long datatype and Oracle7 string manipulations [message #332] Tue, 05 February 2002 20:04 Go to next message
Dayne Olivier
Hi,

I have a stored procedure to which I need to input a Long string. I have read that this is not possible in Oracle7. If not, what do I use to input large strings into my stored procedure? Also note that the string is not of constant lenght. The string can be anywhere between 5000 and 100000 characters in size. I then need to use string formatting functions on this large string to break it up into its parts. These string functions, I have read, don't work on Long's either...

So this is just great, one of the worlds leading databases does not have support large strings? Or am I missing something?
Re: The Long datatype and Oracle7 string manipulations [message #346 is a reply to message #332] Wed, 06 February 2002 06:46 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
Hi,

You need to input a Long string into the stored procedure, but how you want to input data (e.g. sql plus,forms 4.5 etc) ?

why u want this procedure. what is your objective. clarify these, which will guide us to find a workaround.

cheers
pratap
Previous Topic: Join Query Optimisation
Next Topic: Get Last Command statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:10:50 CDT 2024