Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report special numbering (reports 6i)
Report special numbering [message #380134] Fri, 09 January 2009 04:27 Go to next message
bechara.daccache
Dear all,

I have a report that is composed of four different pages.
The report shows details and a list of banks that the user wants to send for each bank names and account numbers of all the persons that the user is transferring money.
The first contains some header details for the user's information and not to be sent to banks, and that i have no problem in.
The second page contains a header and a list of all the banks that I'll be transferring money to.
The third and the fourth are in the same repeating frame(R_2), the third contains a formal text that explains to the bank that we sent this amount of money and the number of pages that follows this page concerning this bank.
My problem is the following:
I need to do a numbering that starts on the third page(aka the list of persons and bank accounts) (for example 1/10, and 10 is the number of the pages that are sent to the specified bank)and on the first page concerning the second bank we get 1/6 for example...
I tried to put a numbering and let it reset at R_2, the concerned frame, it worked but it starts on the first two pages that i don't want them to be numbered.
Can I control so that the numbering starts on the third page and reset with the R_2 repeating frame???
Re: Report special numbering [message #380150 is a reply to message #380134] Fri, 09 January 2009 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bechara.daccache
Dear all,

In other words,

I know we can do a numbering that resets on a specific repeating frame...

Is there any way that we can start a numbering on a specific repeating frame??
for example if the selected frame is in the third page, the page numbering should start on the third page, and it should be numbered as '1'...

Regards,

Bechara
Re: Report special numbering [message #380153 is a reply to message #380150] Fri, 09 January 2009 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I didn't try it, but you might: as you know that the first two pages should not be numbered, you actually need the "current page number - 2". Right? If so, create a formula column which will select SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM, subtract 2 and return the calculated value.
Re: Report special numbering [message #380703 is a reply to message #380153] Tue, 13 January 2009 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bechara.daccache
Dear littlefoot,

I thought about that, but the problem is that the second page contains a list of all the banks that the user is transferring to.
So it sometimes expand on more than one page!!

Regards,

Bechara
Re: Report special numbering [message #381269 is a reply to message #380134] Fri, 16 January 2009 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bechara.daccache
Hi everyone,

Thanks littlefoot for your time.
I found a solution if anyone is interested,
I put the first pages that i don't want to add in the numbering in the header section, and I did the numbering on the main section reset at the required repeating frame, it worked just fine. Smile

Regards,

Bechara
Re: Report special numbering [message #381270 is a reply to message #381269] Fri, 16 January 2009 01:14 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
/forum/fa/2115/0/
Previous Topic: REP-50004 in Web Reports
Next Topic: how to call reports from forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 08:54:37 CDT 2024