Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » when check box check (check record will not show in report )
when check box check (check record will not show in report ) [message #377988] Sat, 27 December 2008 08:29 Go to next message
shahzaib_4vip@hotmail.com
Hellow
Experts

I make a simple report
Select * from emp

The report show all record of EMP

and i create check box in form where i insert emp record

my requirement when i check box check of any record the check record will not show in report

Any Idea

Thanks

Shahzaib Ismail
Re: when check box check (check record will not show in report ) [message #377995 is a reply to message #377988] Sat, 27 December 2008 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The simplest way is to alter the EMP table in order to add the checkbox column which will be read by report and restrict output to employees whose checkbox columns are not checked.

Or, you might create another table (employee_id, checkbox) which would be modified upon checking form checkboxes; report would have to take a look into that table in order to know which employees not to display.

Although it might be possible to create a solution which would loop through all form records and create list of employees which should (or should not) be displayed in a report and pass such a list into the report, I believe that it is much more complicated than the above suggestions.
Re: when check box check (check record will not show in report ) [message #378005 is a reply to message #377995] Sat, 27 December 2008 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@ Littlefoot

Thanks for your reply

well i don't need to alter a record i simple need one record not show in report

what i will type into the trigger of when check box check

Thanks

Shahzaib
Re: when check box check (check record will not show in report ) [message #378009 is a reply to message #378005] Sat, 27 December 2008 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Little foot

Forgeted check box check there is any simple way to don't see only those record which i don't want

or any other idea

Thanks

Shahzaib Ismail
Re: when check box check (check record will not show in report ) [message #378019 is a reply to message #378009] Sat, 27 December 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if it is only one record you don't want to display, create a parameter ("employee ID", for example) and pass it to the report. Use it in the WHERE clause of the report's SELECT statement.
Re: when check box check (check record will not show in report ) [message #378064 is a reply to message #378019] Sun, 28 December 2008 04:44 Go to previous message
@little foot

Thanks for your reply i did it

first i alter a table of emp and create one column like Unactive

then in form i make Unactive check box

and write trigger if check box checked then update emp set unactive='YES'

and then create a report

which is select * from emp where unactive='NO'

and thats all

its show all those record who unactive='NO'

Any way

Thanks for your Reply