Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Automatic sort made by Discoverer (Discoverer plus)
icon9.gif  Automatic sort made by Discoverer [message #377299] Mon, 22 December 2008 04:55 Go to next message
jb084
Hello evertbody,

I've got a SQL view, based on a query with a CONNECT By clause. I added it in the EUL, and want to display it in Discoverer Desktop. The problem is that Discoverer makes an automatic sort, based on the column he displays.

Here is the view :
select A,
id
id_father
text_to_display
level
order
from my_table
connect by
prior id=father_id
start with
father_id is null
order siblings by
order
level

The query works fine (thanks for her Wink), but when I display this view in Discoverer, it orders the rows by the text_to_display !
Is there an option in Discoverer that forbid him to sort the rows ? Is there a workaround I haven't thought ?

Thanks for your help,

[EDITED by LF: removed the [ANSWERED] note from topic title, written at the moment when jb084 thought that he/she got the answer]

[Updated on: Mon, 22 December 2008 10:15] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ANSWERED] Automatic sort made by Discoverer [message #377302 is a reply to message #377299] Mon, 22 December 2008 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jb084
You don't have to think about it, i found the answer :

I just have to make a new field, base on the ROW_NUM function Wink

ANSWERED !
Re: [ANSWERED] Automatic sort made by Discoverer [message #377350 is a reply to message #377299] Mon, 22 December 2008 08:21 Go to previous message
jb084
Actually, it's not so simple !

The rownum that Discoverer displays is not the same than the rownum get in SQL Plus !

For some records, the rownum is different ! How come this could happen ?
Previous Topic: User cannot change the parameter value in report
Next Topic: field columns in reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 16:01:35 CDT 2024