Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » field columns in reports  () 1 Vote
field columns in reports [message #376166] Tue, 16 December 2008 06:35 Go to next message
sathish.skcet
In oracle reports i am having 5 field columns those are
for example if 2nd field column returns null then it should not leave blank space in that area , instead 3rd field column value should go and occupy in that area.

This is my scenario .. please help me
Re: field columns in reports [message #377000 is a reply to message #376166] Fri, 19 December 2008 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
Are your fields placed vertically (above each other) or horizontally (beside each other) in the layout??
1- If it is the first case, put the vertical elasticity to "variable".
2- If it is the second, then put the horizontal elasticity to "variable".

Rajy
Re: field columns in reports [message #377239 is a reply to message #377000] Mon, 22 December 2008 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sathish.skcet
First of all ,thanks for your comments rajy.

Field columns are placed vertically above each other.So, I had tried by setting the vertical elasticity property as "variable" for all the field columns. But still the space is coming if the value of the field column is 'NULL' .

I have attached the screen shot of this case..
  • Attachment: reports.JPG
    (Size: 83.78KB, Downloaded 743 times)
Re: field columns in reports [message #377373 is a reply to message #377239] Mon, 22 December 2008 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here's a short description - enclose every field into its own frame whose vertical elasticity property should be "variable". Also, create a format trigger for this frame which would look like
return (:this_field is not null);
It will return FALSE if field is NULL (i.e. empty, doesn't exist); therefore, it won't appear on the screen. Also, the "main" repeating frame's vertical elasticity should also be set to "variable".

Here's how a sample report based on Scott's schema (EMP table; two columns: ENAME and COMM) looks like when created by default (see empty "comm" lines?):

/forum/fa/5464/0/

Here's how it looks like when adjusted accordingly to your needs (at least, how I understood it). Note pink rectangle - it is a newly created frame:

/forum/fa/5465/0/

Here's also a sample report; it has been created using the Reports Developer 10g. Check how I've done it (if you can open it using your Reports version) and try to implement it on your report. I guess we'll hear from you if it doesn't help.

Re: field columns in reports [message #377426 is a reply to message #377373] Tue, 23 December 2008 00:10 Go to previous message
sathish.skcet
Thanks Littlefoot for your very elaborate reply..

Now it works fine....

I have kept the field inside the frame and i have made frame's vertical property as "variable".And i created format trigger for that frame.

Previous Topic: Automatic sort made by Discoverer
Next Topic: report in arabic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:14:37 CDT 2024