Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Transferring data from a remote table to a local one
Transferring data from a remote table to a local one [message #38159] Tue, 26 March 2002 06:41 Go to next message
Francisco Montes
Hi everyone, hope somebody can help me with this one.

I have got two oracle servers and i want to transfer a table (structure + data) from one to another. Letīs assume that i am issuing SQL commands from the TARGET server. I have an DB Link already pointing to the tablespace on the source server so reading from the source table is not a problem, in fact, it works quick and nicely with commands like:

INSERT INTO Table USING
SELECT *
FROM Table@DBLink_to_Remote_DB

The problem starts when i try to transfer a table with a LONG column in its structure. It gives me an ORA-00600 Oracle Internal Error. It doesnīt look good at all. Should i assume that someone else have already tried this with no problems, and, thus, consider that this is an Oracle bug? Anyway... could i transfer this table using a DB Link at all? Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance

Francisco
Re: Transferring data from a remote table to a local one [message #38163 is a reply to message #38159] Tue, 26 March 2002 08:54 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:631516::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID
Previous Topic: Help with Ref Cursor
Next Topic: how to get list of objects which are using a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:39:26 CDT 2024