Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Calling Perl function within ORACLE PL-SQL statement
Calling Perl function within ORACLE PL-SQL statement [message #38145] Mon, 25 March 2002 07:30 Go to next message
Rajesh K
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest any ideas to implement the following requirement.
I need to do a pattern search on a column from a ORACLE table. This pattern search needs to work similar to the "amatch()" function available in the String::Approx module in Perl. i.e I need to call such a function from within a PL-SQL SELECT statement.
I am basically looking for giving a search string as the input parameter to this Perl function and this function has to return the values from a column of the ORACLE database table that matches the string. So this would be my output of the select statement.
Re: Calling Perl function within ORACLE PL-SQL statement [message #38172 is a reply to message #38145] Wed, 27 March 2002 07:27 Go to previous message
andrew again
see this link:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:2200894550208

Also, if you have the OWA packages which come with the Application Servers, then you can use OWA_PATTERN.AMATCH
Previous Topic: How to refer to fields in a dynamic multi-row SELECT query?
Next Topic: count function with outer Join on Oracle8i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:41:29 CDT 2024