Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Need info. about dbms_pipe
Need info. about dbms_pipe [message #37880] Tue, 05 March 2002 01:30 Go to next message
Pratibha
Hi all,

Can anybody give me some explanation & an example of dbms_pipe.
My requirement is, i want to run host commands through PL/SQL procedure. My host command will be a pro*c executable.
In order to run a host command in a pl/sql procedure, i think of only dbms_pipe.
If anyone has any idea about it, pls. mail me.

Bye
Re: Need info. about dbms_pipe [message #37882 is a reply to message #37880] Tue, 05 March 2002 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Vogelgesang
During the access to dbms_pipe you cannot create an user. So if your jobd needs a long time, don't use dbms_pipe
Re: Need info. about dbms_pipe [message #38734 is a reply to message #37880] Thu, 09 May 2002 08:32 Go to previous message
Javier Larez
Well , the easy way for you could be : If you are working with PRO*C , you must create a procedure with :

SQL EXECUTE - PROCEDURE NAME - ;

, in this procedure use the dbms_pipe funtion, I sending a manual :

http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a89852/dbms_pip.htm

exist another way but is complicate, you must create another .pc and .exe with library to execute .exe from PRO*C but this one is so old for a new programmer , I aviced you the easy way.

If you need more information , send me a message

Javier
Venezuela
Previous Topic: Storing Images in Oracle
Next Topic: Question on SQL query with COUNT, DECODE and DISTINCT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 14:31:33 CDT 2024