Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Re:V$Open_Cursors to detect Open Cursors at Runtime
Re:V$Open_Cursors to detect Open Cursors at Runtime [message #37718] Sun, 24 February 2002 18:41 Go to next message
Prabath Kuga gamage
Hi

The Cursors listed in V$Open_Cursors are always open, Even though we have CLOSED the Cursors, they are still cached in Server memory.

Before Oracle8 release we had a parameter called CLOSE_CACHED_Open_Cursors in init.ora which forces all of these cached Cursors to be closed at the end of each transaction,
But with the Oracle 8 this Paramaeter has been obsoleted.

So that I suppose V$Open_Cursors can not be used to check still Open Cursors at Runtime?

Your comments.....

cheers
prabath.
Re:V$Open_Cursors to detect Open Cursors at Runtime [message #37723 is a reply to message #37718] Mon, 25 February 2002 04:11 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
try this

_close_cached_open_cursors=true

Setting close_cached_open_cursors with Oracle8 8.0.x releases is fine since the parameter was not obsoleted until release 8.1.x and it will be effective with Oracle 8.0.x versions. If you set the parameter without the leading underscore in 8i, you will receive this error at startup, however, the database will startup. The parameter would only become effective in 8i releases with the leading underscore.

ORA-25138 CLOSE_CACHED_OPEN_CURSORS initialization parameter has been made obsoleted
Previous Topic: jdbc oracle function connectivity
Next Topic: unexpected results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:39:23 CDT 2024