Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Stored Procedure Tuning.
Stored Procedure Tuning. [message #37618] Sun, 17 February 2002 18:43 Go to next message
Shankar Balakrishnan
Hi,

Need help ASAP regarding tuning of Stored Procedures on Oracle 8.1.7. The table has about 300,000 rows and three cursors are opened containing this table columns.

The box has about 4G RAM and 2 CPUs (model not sure!) and this procedure gets created properly (i.e. compiles) and also executes correctly for small amount of data.

However, for large volumes of data this just hangs/waits!

The table in picture is just One table with 13 columns and not indexed. From a total of 8 procedures that are running slow, INDEXing helped improve performance of one of them ... others are still slow.

Please reply ASAP with any tips or pointers to where I can get some help.

Thanks & Regards,
Shankar.
Re: Stored Procedure Tuning. [message #37619 is a reply to message #37618] Sun, 17 February 2002 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Vemulapalli
it is very difficult to give suggestion on tuning without seeing queries ,table structure and indexed columns. are u using IN operator in any of your queries against sub-queries?.
Re: Stored Procedure Tuning. [message #38865 is a reply to message #37618] Wed, 22 May 2002 22:24 Go to previous message
Pradeep
try to figure our the cost associated with the cursors and other sql statements by using explain plan utility and also find out the cpu usage time by the stored procedure by using the tkprof and Sql Trace facility. This might give you some information.
Another thing is, as because u r dealing with huge data , database design will affect a lot.Particularly the database block size associated with each I/O operation will count also.
Previous Topic: Recompiling invalid packages
Next Topic: Sql Query to list tablenames and column_names.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 05:16:22 CDT 2024