Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Need to display images in browser that are storeded in 7.3.4
Need to display images in browser that are storeded in 7.3.4 [message #367401] Mon, 30 October 2000 15:24 Go to next message
Ryan Dorosh
Does anyone have any experience with displaying images in a web browser that are stored in a 7.3.4, or 8i database. The images are stored in raw format, and in multiple pieces because they are larger than 32K.

Ideally, i'd like a link for the user to click which would then display the image.

I know OWS2 has some support for this but I'm generally lost.

Any help or leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Ryan.
Re: Need to display images in browser that are storeded in 7.3.4 [message #367407 is a reply to message #367401] Mon, 06 November 2000 10:50 Go to previous message
Prem
Ryan,

You can do it directly using the plsql webtoolkit. The important thing is that you'll have to pass the mime type of the image file before you write the contents to the browser. Else, the browser will not know how to handle the binary data.

Retrieve the image into a local blob, loop thru it till the end of the file size retrieving small chunks of data and write it directly to the browser using htp.prn. And dont forget to close the mime header using the owa_util.http_header_close;

hth

Prem :)
Re: Need to display images in browser that are storeded in 7.3.4 [message #367459 is a reply to message #367401] Mon, 06 November 2000 10:50 Go to previous message
Prem
Ryan,

You can do it directly using the plsql webtoolkit. The important thing is that you'll have to pass the mime type of the image file before you write the contents to the browser. Else, the browser will not know how to handle the binary data.

Retrieve the image into a local blob, loop thru it till the end of the file size retrieving small chunks of data and write it directly to the browser using htp.prn. And dont forget to close the mime header using the owa_util.http_header_close;

hth

Re: Need to display images in browser that are storeded in 7.3.4 [message #367511 is a reply to message #367401] Mon, 06 November 2000 10:50 Go to previous message
Prem
Ryan,

hth

Previous Topic: session expired message in OAS JServlet Application
Next Topic: Please Help!! The problem of the installation of iAS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:16:00 CDT 2024