Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Can WedDB do these things for me?
Can WedDB do these things for me? [message #367392] Fri, 20 October 2000 02:05 Go to next message
hunter

I am a web site designer.I am now switching to Oracle. As to the files I have refered.I decide to begin the development in the following envionment:
Redhat Linux 6.2
Oracle 8i EE(8.1.6)
JDK 1.1.8
iAS
I will use Java Server Pages to develope my new project.now I decided to install the webDB on the server side.So I can create,query,change the database from clientside with the browsser just telnet to the server and use sql*plus.
Now in the developing envionment,I will have several sets of database,one for test,one for develop,one for backup.can i use webDB to operate on the database seperately?Befor webDB knows the tables & data I can operate, must I group them on the server-side first?And how?
Can webDB help me more?
can I install it after iAS?
Thank you very much!
Re: Can WedDB do these things for me? [message #367394 is a reply to message #367392] Fri, 20 October 2000 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Logan Wood
You need to install WebDB on each database, and create a separate DAD for each one. You can then access the databases seperately via WebDB using different URLs.
Re: Can WedDB do these things for me? [message #367395 is a reply to message #367392] Fri, 20 October 2000 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hunter

Install webDB for each database!God!It is 154Megabytes. when install each webDB I can choose a url and DB name.so the URL is connected to the DB only. Am I right?
I will install webDB after the iAS is installed.
Now after the oracle & iAS is installed,the web server is installed also.
can JSP start now?
Re: Can WedDB do these things for me? [message #367397 is a reply to message #367392] Fri, 20 October 2000 05:00 Go to previous message
Dean Logan Wood
That's right. WebDB uses a PL/SQL-based toolkit which must be resident in each database you wish to browse/maintain using WebDB. WebDB uses something called a DAD (database access descriptor) which maps a URL to a particular database and schema (Oracle account). When you access this URL, the Web Server connects to the DAD-configured database and schema, and executes stored procedures from the WebDB toolkit installed on that database. If the toolkit is not present on the target database, WebDB will not run.

I think you've done all you need to do to enable you start developing and deploying Java Server Pages.
Previous Topic: urgent!!!Problems of JSP Envionment on Oracle.
Next Topic: Need help on htp.formSelectOption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:00:49 CDT 2024