Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Problem:Oracle Pro*c Precompiler on Linux
Problem:Oracle Pro*c Precompiler on Linux [message #367077] Thu, 02 November 2000 02:43
Bhagat Singh
Hello Sir.

our batch process what we had developed on Sun are running fine over there but as soon as we compile them on linux there comes very peculiar problems such as:

Sir One thing Parent key is there in master and if I update the table sqlca.sqlcode is coming 1403 means not data found
despite this that Master data is present there.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Regards
Bhagat Singh

Before discussing all these issue I want to inform u that this code is running code in sun solaris means it compiles cleanly and runs without flaws or error and results are to the mark.

But in linux first of all it does not compiles if it compiles then it does not produce the right/desired results .

1.ora erro 1008
2.ora errno 1438
3.ora errno 1403

Information is there in database but update is not working and returning code 1403
if it is working then also the message is "no data found".

Pl/Sql block is being used in the Pro*c code so we have made SQLCHECK = SEMANTICS then also it is not working.

When we use math.h then also it does not compiles at all and falters out.

When I update the database it does not updates may there be relevant information present in the database, but if i do select count(*) into :variable from the same table then it updates else it fails to do so they all are peculiar issues.

Some times it says parent record not found in the master whereas it very exists over there.

Some times core dump if I define two dimensional char pointer array of 10000 size it results in core dump
say char_ptr30010000 .

Some functions in the program return char pointer there also it is giving and error where and I am collecting the information from the return variable through string copying and it is having clear cut definition in header files for the return type of that function this is working very well in sun but I fail to understand about linux.
Previous Topic: Re: Hw to login the database in SUN from win95 with sqlnet ?
Next Topic: Version Control on Forms6.0 on Unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:55:11 CDT 2024