Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports3.0-user dependent
Reports3.0-user dependent [message #366796] Sat, 29 July 2000 06:42 Go to next message
mahaveer
Hi Oracle Fans,

I am having two oracle users(CNB,FMS Both are Identical). First I had generated(reps) the reports in the CNB user. But now we are running the application(eg. Financial Management system) in the FMS user. But the reports are not running in the FMS user. It is showing the error message "Unable to retrieve the string or error message file". If you are recompile the same report in the FMS user. It is working. I don't know that why the reports are user depedent? But forms are supporting the both users (it is not considering in which user they are compiled). At the same time, if the particular form access any backend procedures, it is not supporting the FMS user.Again we have to compile the particular form in the FMS user. Then only it will work.
Anybody knows, how to make the forms and reports as user independent, Please sent the solution.

Thanks in Advance

With regards
Mahaveer
Re: Reports3.0-user dependent [message #366798 is a reply to message #366796] Wed, 02 August 2000 19:03 Go to previous message
Isar
Most likely your problem is due to the rep compile, .rep holds the user(owner of compile) in it. Try to compile and run in .rdf that should work for both users. I think same should hold true for forms.
it will be a good idea to check the error message in oracle reference.
Good Luck
Previous Topic: EXCEL FORMAT
Next Topic: Print LOB / WORD document - Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:04:35 CDT 2024