Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » manual configuration of oracle jvm
manual configuration of oracle jvm [message #37386] Mon, 04 February 2002 22:10 Go to next message
rajesh prabhakaran
hi,

I have oracle 8.1.6.0.0.....
java not installed in my machine.....
i have sys account
sql>desc dbms_java;
object table or view not found......error...

so i try to set the jvm using
sql>@$oracle_home/javavm/install/initjvm.sql

it takes long time....
getting some error in finding some class not found exception

with this
begin if :jvmrmaction != 'none' then
error at line 1:
ora-04021 : timeout occured while waiting to lock object SYS.INITJVMMAUX
ora-06512: at line 4

i don't why the system is not creating the dbms_java package.....some times the sqlplus hangges.......

help me how to install oracle jvm...

I really appriciate ur help.

-regs,
P.Rajesh
Re: manual configuration of oracle jvm [message #37403 is a reply to message #37386] Wed, 06 February 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
Hi,

first make sure your database is started with java_pool_size >= 20M and shared_pool_size >=50M
in INIT.ORA parameter .go to servermanage ,connect as internal and run initjvm.sql . if you think java has been installed the run rmjvm.sql before initjvm.sql

Hope it helps!!!

cheers
pratap
Re: manual configuration of oracle jvm [message #37783 is a reply to message #37386] Thu, 28 February 2002 02:01 Go to previous message
Darren
You also might want to ensure the database is NOT running in ArchiveLog mode when you run the INITJVM.SQL script, otherwise you may generate a lot of Archive Redo Logs and hence fill up available disk space which will subsequently halt the script. I fell into this trap. You also might want to insert _SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED = FALSE in the INITdb.ORA file, Shutdown/Startup before running the script.
Previous Topic: dynamically populating a list item
Next Topic: ASP n PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:35:54 CDT 2024