Home » Server Options » Replication » problem in Setting Master site in Master Group in Oracle Rep Manager
problem in Setting Master site in Master Group in Oracle Rep Manager [message #366479] Tue, 14 September 1999 00:31 Go to next message
Man Mohan
I am not able to set replication environment in Oracle -8 replication manager. I have made a master site, master group. Now I am not clear how to add master sites in master group. there is tab screen in the properties (destinations) where we are supposed
to add this. But it asks for database link. What is database link ? is it same as database connection ? How can i made this and add to destination tab.

please ans this question. I am in trouble.
Re: problem in Setting Master site in Master Group in Oracle Rep Manager [message #366481 is a reply to message #366479] Tue, 14 September 1999 14:29 Go to previous message
Mark Johnson
Database links are predefined paths from one database to another. Links are not connections, because they do not connect to anything, they just point connections in the right direction. They are better described in your copy of "Oracle server distributed systems, volume 1".
In multi-master replication, you need 3 links on each server.
1. public link from db1 to db2.
2. public link from db2 to db1.
3. private link from repadmin@db1 to repadmin@db2
4. private link from repadmin@db2 to repadmin@db1
5. private link from repadmin@db1 to sys@db2.
6. private link from repadmin@db2 to sys@db1.

The above would assume you are granting suggogate sys to repadmin, as described in "Oracle server distributed systems volume 2" in an Oracle 7.3 environment.

Don't forget to set your init.ora parameters, or your db links won't work. If you have not used global names before, you'll have to modify listener.ora and tnsnames.ora to include the global name of each database in your rep group.
Previous Topic: While you're working hard on Oracle stuffs ...
Next Topic: Received message "Not Sumitted"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:40:46 CDT 2024