Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REP-1212- object 'body' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'ROWNUM2' (reports 6i)
REP-1212- object 'body' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'ROWNUM2' [message #366374] Sat, 13 December 2008 02:31 Go to next message
bechara.daccache
Hi,

Im working on a big report concerning a purchasing application that gives details about some payments and each payment in wich bank to be paid. On the first page, there is some details that I have no problem in.So I have to get on the second page a document that will be given to the conerned bank and on an other page a table containing all the payments and bank accounts concerning this specified bank and branch.
So I put these 2 pages in the same repeating frame, And I have 2 queries linked by a Seq, the second page is in a smaller repeating frame(R_2) on a group(G_2)(the second query (let's say Q_2) that is inside the bigger repeating frame (R_1) on the query (let's say Q_1)containing the two pages.

I'm getting this error when I'm calling the report:

REP-1212: Object 'Body' is not fully enclosed by it's enclosing object 'ROWNUM2'

ROWNUM2 is a retrieved item from the query Q_1 and I put a field in R_1 that should show ROWNUM2.

While i was trying to understand this error, I tried to change the source of this field, but it gives me the same error but on the next item in R_1..

Help please.
And im sorry for any inconvenience concerning the format of this message, but Im new in this.

Best Regards,

Bechara
Re: REP-1212- object 'body' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'ROWNUM2' [message #366384 is a reply to message #366374] Sat, 13 December 2008 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This error message usually means that the object is larger than the frame it belongs to.

If you are resizing fields/frames created by Wizard, keep the "Confine" button set to "on" as it won't let you move objects out of their frames.
Re: REP-1212- object 'body' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'ROWNUM2' [message #366389 is a reply to message #366384] Sat, 13 December 2008 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bechara.daccache
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

The fields/frames are mostly created manually, and I rarely put the confine button off, it is always on.
Could be another reason for showing this message??

Best regards,

Bechara
Re: REP-1212- object 'body' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'ROWNUM2' [message #375885 is a reply to message #366374] Mon, 15 December 2008 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I suspect oracle reports is confused as to what is really the problem. It doesn't like something on your layout but it's misreporting what it is.

Think you're going to have to sort it out the hard way:
Remove the item it's complaining about from the layout and run the report (keeping a note of which item you removed).
Repeat this process untill it stops complaining.
The last item you removed will be one that was the real cause of the problem.

You might have to remove a lot of items from layout before you find the culprit.
Re: REP-1212- object 'body' is not fully enclosed by its enclosing object 'ROWNUM2' [message #375956 is a reply to message #375885] Mon, 15 December 2008 07:49 Go to previous message
bechara.daccache
And thats what I did!! Confused it's working fine now, it was something in a repeating frame, but still don't know what exactly was the problem!!! Smile
Anyway thanks for your help...

Regards,

Bechara
Previous Topic: Error in job execution in oracle reports
Next Topic: Dense_Rank not working in Format Trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:12:43 CDT 2024