Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Passing a VB ADO 2.6 recordset to PL/SQL
Passing a VB ADO 2.6 recordset to PL/SQL [message #37237] Fri, 25 January 2002 12:33 Go to next message
Darryl
Is it possible to pass a VB ADO 2.6 recordset as a prameter to a pl/sql package?

My package is set up with an sproc that has one input parameter that is defined as a table of rowtype matching the table that I will be loading the recordset to. The number of fields in the recordset and the table are the same, I am just discarding the ID field from the recordset.

Please e-mail if you need to see the code.

Thanks in advance,
Darryl
Re: Passing a VB ADO 2.6 recordset to PL/SQL [message #37252 is a reply to message #37237] Sun, 27 January 2002 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
Hi,

I think it is possible , try passing it and see what happens, if u find any error then discuss.

cheers
pratap
Re: Passing a VB ADO 2.6 recordset to PL/SQL [message #37259 is a reply to message #37237] Mon, 28 January 2002 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl
thanks pratap,

I have tried my code and I get an Oracle error about the parameters being out of range. I did not write down the error message but I will re-run the code today and get the actual message.

I have tried several different ADO types to pass the recordset parameter, but they all get the same error message back from Oracle.

I also plan on converting the recordset to an array to see if this helps, although on large batch updates I think it would cause problems.

regards,
darryl
Re: Passing a VB ADO 2.6 recordset to PL/SQL [message #37977 is a reply to message #37237] Tue, 12 March 2002 04:39 Go to previous message
Brian Dzurisin
I am also attempting to pass an ADO 2.6 recordset to Oracacle. Did you find a solution to this problem?
Previous Topic: help in simple sql statement
Next Topic: inserting many records using pl/sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:47:40 CDT 2024