Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » reports2.5 dynamic report layout generation
reports2.5 dynamic report layout generation [message #366000] Tue, 05 September 2000 09:01 Go to next message
Matt Freeman
Hi,
I'm trying to produce a different report dependent upon parameters. i.e if the order type is 'PRICE ENQUIRY' then I want to print columns x,y and z and if the Order type is 'Order Acknowledgment' I want to print columns w,x,y and z.
I've got numerous dynamic labels etc already in the report but I can't create a report which doesn't leave an ungainly space where column w should be.
Thanks
Matt.
Re: reports2.5 dynamic report layout generation [message #366014 is a reply to message #366000] Thu, 21 September 2000 09:57 Go to previous message
Prem
You might need to duplicate the layout model in the body section. Then, write the format trigger on the repeating section. i.e. return true depending on paramter in one situation and vice-versa on the other situation. This will do the job. Key is to keep the repeating frame with the vertical elasticity as variable so that it does not leave the blank space when one frame does not print.....
Previous Topic: Problems with printing a Portrait format report.
Next Topic: Reports 6i - Multiple .PDFs from a single run of Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:54:36 CDT 2024