Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » connect to db2 and oracle in one cics region.
connect to db2 and oracle in one cics region. [message #363450] Thu, 03 August 2000 20:21 Go to next message
hairol
Hi there, I would like to know if anyone had done it. I try to connect to oracle and DB2 in the same cics program. Then I will allow two phase commit.

What I need to do is that, retrieve data from DB2 and then update to oracle database based on DB2 data. The process is done in an online mode(they called it here cics online). Theoretically, it can be done. Unfortunately, until now no had done it here or can help me to do it here.

I just want to know where it can be done or not. If can be done how to do it or any work around on it?
Re: connect to db2 and oracle in one cics region. [message #363453 is a reply to message #363450] Tue, 08 August 2000 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Transaction synchronization can be controlled by CICS via a call to "EXEC CICS SYNCPOINT". This means that multiple data sources like DB/2, IMS, as well as Oracle on MVS and non-MVS platforms can be updated or rolled back as a single transaction.

Hope it helps.

Best regards
Frank Naude
Re: connect to db2 and oracle in one cics region. [message #363455 is a reply to message #363450] Sun, 27 August 2000 00:02 Go to previous message
dasarathy
You will also need to design your application in such a way that the DB2 SQL's and Oracle SQL's are in different source modules that are prepared differently.
Previous Topic: Passing a parameter to a SQL*Form
Next Topic: Oracle Parallel Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:40:53 CDT 2024