Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Difference between report level / table / formula columns
Difference between report level / table / formula columns [message #353806] Wed, 15 October 2008 03:05 Go to next message
coolyogi4u
what is the difference between report level column,table column?

how formula column or placeholder column can be a report level column?

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2008 04:41] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

what is a report level column [message #353817 is a reply to message #353806] Wed, 15 October 2008 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolyogi4u
can anyone explain report level column with example
take example with ref to oracle reports 6i
Re: what is a report level column [message #353821 is a reply to message #353817] Wed, 15 October 2008 04:39 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, it might be one of the summary, formula or similar columns created in the Data Model layout which doesn't belong to any group (i.e. query). It may be used to display information in (for example) report heading section (as company name etc.).

A table column, on the other hand, is result of a query (although you may create formula columns by using complex PL/SQL code which fetch data from a database table, I wouldn't call them "table columns").

EDITED after merging two topics you have opened for more or less the same subject. Please, do not do that any more - if necessary, edit your original message in order to clarify your previously asked question.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 October 2008 04:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to use a procedure
Next Topic: retreiving a number instead of 0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 23:45:00 CDT 2024