Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to use a procedure
How to use a procedure [message #353624] Tue, 14 October 2008 06:11 Go to next message
suhasbr

Hi,

I have a report having 15 fields. I am entering the first field. Based on that field all the other fields needs to get populated.
For that i have a Procedure. Can any one please tell me how to use that procedure Embarassed
Re: How to use a procedure [message #353768 is a reply to message #353624] Wed, 15 October 2008 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A report? Where exactly do you enter this "first field"? Into a parameter form?

Or are you, actually, talking about a form? If so, well, we don't know how your procedure looks like. Basically, "all-the-other-items" may be populated using the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger (which would fire when you leave your "first field"), or POST-QUERY (if it should fire as the result of a query).
Re: How to use a procedure [message #353812 is a reply to message #353768] Wed, 15 October 2008 03:45 Go to previous message
suhasbr

I am sorry that i have posted this message in form fourm. Actually i should have done it in Report fourm.

I have to enter a parameter at report run time. Once it is done then i have to populate all the fields based on the entered value. For this i have a Procedure which takes that field as input and gives the value of all the fields.

I don't know how to make use of a procedure and populate all values. Can any one help me.

I know that i can split the procedure and get indivisual fields but i want to know if we can directly take it.

Thanks in advance...........
Previous Topic: How to display parameter in the reports
Next Topic: Difference between report level / table / formula columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 20:53:38 CDT 2024