Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report server show wrong status code (10g 10.1.2)
Report server show wrong status code [message #351538] Wed, 01 October 2008 07:57 Go to next message
Kaeluan
Hello,
Here is my problem, i submit a report from forms. In my report i am calling some DB package that are doing some process. If 1 of those process failed for any reason the report server is always showing the little blue check beside the job meaning that the job run succesfully but if i click on it I can see some error like "Finished successfully <br>'afterreport': Fatal PL/SQL error occurred. "

Is there any way to display the good error code in my job, is it a bug with Report Server (I did not find anything similar on Metalink)

Thank for helping.
Re: Report server show wrong status code [message #351597 is a reply to message #351538] Wed, 01 October 2008 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know whether Oracle offers a solution, but you can always write your own failure logging. It would require a table (which would store procedure name, error code, sysdate etc.) populated in the exception handler units. Once the report is done, query this table to see whether there were any errors and - if so - which ones.
Re: Report server show wrong status code [message #351693 is a reply to message #351538] Thu, 02 October 2008 09:07 Go to previous message
Kaeluan
Only to let you know that i open a SR with Oracle and they send me reference to this Note:313394.1. as "Intended Behaviour Of After Report Trigger"

Basically this note say that the After Report trigger fires after you exit the Previewer, or after report output is sent to a specified destination, such as a file, a printer, or an e-mail ID. So at this point the report is already completed. And if your report execution reach the After report trigger even if an error occur in the After Report the report server will consider your job as if it run completely succesfully.

Personnaly i don`t think that this is always a good thing because if something crash in the After Report you loosing the defaut notification fonctionnality of Report server.
And i agree with you Littlefoot that using a logging system will probably be the best thing to do if you really need notification.
Previous Topic: Legal Page Report Data printing on the Right side of the page
Next Topic: Create report on a database trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:12:43 CDT 2024