Home » Other » Client Tools » How to make new Database connection through the SQL Developer
How to make new Database connection through the SQL Developer [message #350908] Sat, 27 September 2008 06:36 Go to next message
Nadine
Hi,
I'm new into Oracle, I have installed Oracle 11g

I have set the environment variable
ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1
Path = C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\bin

Now I'm trying to use the SQL Developer to make new Database Connection
I have three inqueries

1) When I open the Oracle SQL Developer it gives an error message stating
Error while registering Oracle JDBC Diagnosability MBean
How can I resolve this?

2) How can I make new Database Connection?
I opened the C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\db_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora and added the following

DEV3 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = DEV3)
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
)
)

Now when I try to make new Database Connection using Basic Connection type and test it

it says:
Failure-Listener refused the connection with the following error:ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor. The Connecion descriptor used by the client was:localhost:1521:DEV3

Is there any missing steps I should have been done before creating new Database Connection?

3) when making new Database Connection should I specify any user name and password, or should they be configured somewhere else?

Any help?
Re: How to make new Database connection through the SQL Developer [message #353574 is a reply to message #350908] Tue, 14 October 2008 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amul
3) First create a username and password to be able to connect to the server, you have to use these while logging in using SQLPLUS client

2)In the following TNS Entry use IP address of your server
HOST = 192.168.1.1

1)try connecting using the sqlplus client installed in your system first.

USERNAME:Scott
PASSWORD:Tiger
HOSTNAME:DEV3
Re: How to make new Database connection through the SQL Developer [message #379767 is a reply to message #353574] Wed, 07 January 2009 22:09 Go to previous message
mastmaal
Hey, I've just installed oracle 11g and im having the same problem, that is, when i open sql developer it gives me the following error:

Error while registering Oracle JDBC Diagnosability MBean.

i tried making a connection with sql plus and then starting developer, but i have the same problem. if someone could please help me out, that would be awesome.
Previous Topic: installing oracle 9i
Next Topic: When does exiting Sqlplus not commit an insert statement?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:58:58 CDT 2024