Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » wizard or manual report
wizard or manual report [message #350694] Thu, 25 September 2008 22:57 Go to next message
aisha_shahbaz
hi experts
u people have the experience please tell me that
should we make reports manual or by wizard or by mixture of both.tell me your recommendations
Re: wizard or manual report [message #350735 is a reply to message #350694] Fri, 26 September 2008 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
You have the possibility to build reports in both ways, it's up to you according to what you have to do.
But generally, wizards are too much easier as they do the whole job for you.
Personnaly, I prefer them!!!
Re: wizard or manual report [message #350876 is a reply to message #350735] Fri, 26 September 2008 16:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I usually create a report using the Wizard; sometimes, if reports are relatively complex, it requires several wizard sessions (i.e. I'm not satisfied with the result, so I delete all and create it again from scratch). Moreover, I'm quite happy with Wizard as it places all objects into their frames correctly (so there's no danger of annoying invalid field frequency settings).

At the end, fine adjustment is ALWAYS done manually; wizard can't do that as nicely as I can /forum/fa/917/0/.

So - it is usually a combination of two: wizard + manual job.
Previous Topic: Report template
Next Topic: Function has not been registered with the EUL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 22:17:35 CDT 2024