Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports 10 Cache memory not flushed
icon5.gif  Oracle Reports 10 Cache memory not flushed [message #350367] Wed, 24 September 2008 18:52 Go to next message
s.vishalkumar@gmail.com
Hi Everyone!!

I have a Query which selects a data set (about 100-500 records). I need to get the Top 10 according to some conditions(Calcs). I got it correctly done in SQL Plus, but when I put the same query in Oracle Reports 10g , it was showing the correct results from past 3 months. But recently it has been showing some problems.
First time when I run it is giving me correct values and second time when I run it , it is not showing the same Top 10 records which are expected. It is picking up some random records(which I dont need).
Some times First time it is not picking the right values, but second time when I run it, values are being picked correctly.

I feel that, It has something to do with Cache memory(Buffer). It is not getting flushed properly.

Any Kind of information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishal
Re: Oracle Reports 10 Cache memory not flushed [message #350410 is a reply to message #350367] Thu, 25 September 2008 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You've said that you've written the query and tested it in SQL*Plus. What happens when you execute the same query, in the same session, several times, one after another? Is the result correct?

Does this query contain the ORDER BY clause? If not, it should because - although sometimes query might look like as being properly sorted - there's no guarantee whatsoever that any SELECT clause which does not contain the ORDER BY clause will return sorted result.
Re: Oracle Reports 10 Cache memory not flushed [message #350670 is a reply to message #350410] Thu, 25 September 2008 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asdf123
I am the same guy above (vishal)

Yes, I am using order by clause as well as group by statements in the in line views.

But my question is : How come the same query when ran again gives me different results in oracle reports builder, where as it gives me the same result in PLSQL developer (After running it several times) .

Does that have to do anything with report server.

And FYI... this happens infrequently. It just happens very few times. I tried running the same RDF file again several times, but that problem did'nt show up.

I really dont know why the report behaved in such a fashion.

Let me know if you need any other details.
Re: Oracle Reports 10 Cache memory not flushed [message #350874 is a reply to message #350670] Fri, 26 September 2008 16:03 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If everything you've said is correct, then it shouldn't have happened (unless someone was deleting/inserting/updating records between two report sessions).

In other words - I wouldn't know the reason.
Previous Topic: layout model
Next Topic: Report template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 23:26:00 CDT 2024