Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Stopping Stream replication to restart server (Oracle 10g 10.2.0.3.0 on Linux 64 bit)
Stopping Stream replication to restart server [message #349914] Tue, 23 September 2008 08:23 Go to next message
MIFI
Hi,
I am using oracle 10g. If i want to stop One way Stream replication to restart the Production server

I have setup schema replication from Production to destination server . How i can do that?

Re: Stopping Stream replication to restart server [message #350001 is a reply to message #349914] Tue, 23 September 2008 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shrinika
Hello, I am not sure about the schema replication. We are using table replication. I believe,
you are asking the procedure to restart the stream database. Here is the process we do to
disable to streams before we restart the server.

If you use OEM,

disable the capture process
disable the propagation
disable the apply
Go to Advanced queue, click strmadmin, disable queues.

shutdown the server.

After restarting the server,
Go to Advanced queue, click strmadmin, enable queues.
enable the capture process
enable the propagation
enable the apply

Hope it helps.

One question to you. Can you please let me now any steps/links to learn about
schema level replication?

Thanks

Re: Stopping Stream replication to restart server [message #350006 is a reply to message #350001] Tue, 23 September 2008 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varunvir
Search for stream documentation in oracle site.
Stream document is perfect if you want to learn any
kind of streaming.
Regards,
Varun Punj,
Re: Stopping Stream replication to restart server [message #350170 is a reply to message #350001] Wed, 24 September 2008 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MIFI
Usualy i do is, i stop Capture and Apply process and then shut it down.
As far as Schema replication is concerned i hope following points wll help

At Source:

1)exec dbms_streams_adm.set_up_queue(queue_table => 'strmadm.M1_queue_table',queue_name => 'strmadm.M1_queue');

2)exec dbms_streams_adm.add_schema_rules(schema_name => 'M1',streams_type => 'capture',streams_name => 'M1_capture',queue_name => 'M1_queue',include_dml => true,include_ddl => true,include_tagged_lcr => false,source_database => NULL,inclusion_rule => true);

3)exec dbms_streams_adm.add_schema_propagation_rules(schema_name => 'M1',streams_name => 'M1_propagate',source_queue_name => 'M1_queue',destination_queue_name => 'strmadm.M12_queue@d2',include_dml => true,include_ddl => true,include_tagged_lcr => false,source_database => 'd1',inclusion_rule => true);

6)declare iscn number;
begin
iscn:=dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number();
dbms_output.put_line('instantiation SC : '||iscn);
dbms_apply_adm.set_schema_instantiation_scn@d2(source_schema_name=>'M1',source_database_name=>'d1',instantiation_scn=>iscn,recursive=>true);
end;

8)EXEC DBMS_CAPTURE_ADM.start_capture(capture_name => 'M1_CAPTURE');

Destination:

4)exec dbms_streams_adm.set_up_queue(queue_table => 'strmadm.M12_queue_table',queue_name => 'strmadm.M12_queue');

5)exec dbms_streams_adm.add_schema_rules(schema_name => 'M1',streams_type => 'apply',streams_name => 'M1_apply',queue_name => 'M12_queue',include_dml => true,include_ddl => true,include_tagged_lcr => false,source_database => 'd1',inclusion_rule => true);

7)exec dbms_apply_adm.start_apply(apply_name => 'M1_APPLY');

Re: Stopping Stream replication to restart server [message #350175 is a reply to message #350001] Wed, 24 September 2008 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MIFI
Where is advanced queue option in EM, there are two option Queue and Queue Table
Re: Stopping Stream replication to restart server [message #350264 is a reply to message #350175] Wed, 24 September 2008 09:18 Go to previous message
shrinika
Where is advanced queue option in EM, there are two option Queue and Queue Table 

I am using Oracle EM console.

Click Distributed,
Click Advanced Queues,
Click Queue Tables,
Click STRMADMIN
Previous Topic: Queue message not moving from Head To tail [Oracle Queues]
Next Topic: AQ Enqueue Problem (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:46:45 CDT 2024