Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to encrypt password in cgicmd.dat of Oracle Reports Services 10g
how to encrypt password in cgicmd.dat of Oracle Reports Services 10g [message #347163] Wed, 10 September 2008 22:46 Go to next message
katbasobas

Hi,

I have developed a report and deployed it in Oracle Application Server. I have use the keymap file CGICMD.DAT so that parameters passed to the report will not be displayed in the url. My problem is userid in CGICMD.DAT is in cleartext. Is there a way to encrypt this so that i can secure my username and password. If I cant encrypt userid in CGICMD.DAT are there other ways? I am calling the reports thru an html form.

For your reference here are the files and sample entries:

1.CGICMD.DAT
barcodepaper: userid=test@test/sample server=sample_reports_server destype=cache desformat=html %*

2.HTML form
<form name="repparM2_frm" method="post" action="/reports/rwservlet?">

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Kat
Re: how to encrypt password in cgicmd.dat of Oracle Reports Services 10g [message #347905 is a reply to message #347163] Mon, 15 September 2008 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahmad_uaf

hi budyy,
u can call Report by getting report_object_id in order to hide username & password.
Regards,
Ahmad
Re: how to encrypt password in cgicmd.dat of Oracle Reports Services 10g [message #348517 is a reply to message #347163] Wed, 17 September 2008 01:52 Go to previous message
katbasobas

Hi,

I tried using SSO so that instead of storing the connect string in cgicmd.dat i will use Oracle Internet Directory but when I include mod_osso.conf in http.conf then I tried to access my report it returned a blank page. What would be the problem?

Please need any help

Thanks,
Kat
Previous Topic: Repeating Frame
Next Topic: ORA-06508 PL/SQL Could not found program unit being called.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 11:15:55 CDT 2024