Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Printing Labels onto a User's Local Printer (Reports 10.1.2.0.2)
Printing Labels onto a User's Local Printer [message #345593] Thu, 04 September 2008 04:51 Go to next message
shahmayur
Hiya

We are migrating our Forms 6i application to Forms 10g.

We have a specific requirement to print the address onto a label. Unlike other reports, the output of this report is not sent to the screen but rather sent straight to the printer.

In Forms 6i application, as soon as the user clicks on a button to print the address, a printer dialog box appears (using Win_Api_Dialog.Select_Printer) to enable the user to select the printer which he can print the label on. After selecting the appropriate printer and clicking on OK button, the address is printed onto a label on that printer.

Now we want to replicate the same thing in Forms 10g environment. However in Forms 10g I am not aware of any built-in that brings the Printer setup dialog box. I have used Set_Report_Object_property (report_id, REPORT_DESTYPE, PRINTER). Hence the output of the report goes to the printer which is setup on the Application Server and not to the user's local machine's printer.

It is very important for us to give the user a choice to select the printer.

Does anyone know the possible work around for this problem ? Your comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Mayur
Re: Printing Labels onto a User's Local Printer [message #360020 is a reply to message #345593] Wed, 19 November 2008 04:40 Go to previous message
myclassic
dear

I am unable to send the report to printer directly.

how it is possible to send it to printer directly.

regards.
Previous Topic: Problems With Report Server 10g
Next Topic: Including Word document in PDF report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 22:56:04 CDT 2024