Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » session parameters - java app vs sql plus and sqlldr (Oracle 10g client, Oracle 8.x, 9.x or 10.x db)
session parameters - java app vs sql plus and sqlldr [message #344339] Fri, 29 August 2008 07:45
TJSeibert
I've got a java application that connects to a database to query the NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS to find out the proper decimal point character for the proper (potentially international) database instance. (This is to prepare data to be fed to sqlldr, which will load to the same database as queried above.)

However, the sql stmt "select * from NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS" does not return the same values in my java app as the same sql stmt does from SQL plus. Consequently, we use the period as the decimal point, since that's what the java app is told when he executes the sql stmt. However, the sqlldr gives an error saying bad numeric values for all decimal point numbers.

I'm new to the forum, so if this question has been answered, please forgive me and point me at the relevant posts.
Previous Topic: PLS-00307: too many declarations of 'INSERTXML' match this call
Next Topic: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChange
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:20:06 CDT 2024