Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to run report securely from Unix shell / sqlplus? (Oracle 10g IAS / Solaris)
How to run report securely from Unix shell / sqlplus? [message #343420] Wed, 27 August 2008 04:35
MarkBell
We're upgrading (finally!) from v8 to v10 and I'm now looking at the reports. Our system has a Unix program that receives requests to run reports and runs them. Any suggestions on the best way to run a report in Unix in the new AS framework?

I can change our current program to invoke rwclient, but it seems to insist on a username/password on the command line - this seems very insecure as the ps command would show the password. Apparently it can't use the / logon which was the old solution to this kind of problem. Any suggestions on the easiest way around this while keeping our current reports processor?

The best idea I've come up with so far is to store a password in the database somewhere and then create a noddy user with minimal access rights that can look up this password, reconnect and then run the report. Surely there's a simpler way?

Mark
Previous Topic: On resize of report, some data does not display in full
Next Topic: Unable to connect to the Report server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 16:49:51 CDT 2024