Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ORA-02292: integrity constraint (SCOTT.FK_orderno) violated
ORA-02292: integrity constraint (SCOTT.FK_orderno) violated [message #35698] Sun, 07 October 2001 15:55 Go to next message
Adam
Can someone help me please.

I keep getting an 'ora' error message when I try to add a record: (ORA-02292: integrity constraint
(SCOTT.FK_ORDERNO) violated child record found).

Basically I add a new 'order', then I add the many 'order_lines'(dishes and/or drinks) associated with that order.

In this case they will become the child records of that one order. The error happens when I want to update the
'order' block, by working out the total price of all the order_lines put together. This happens even though in the Pl/SQL code I do not attempt to update the orderno.

I was wondering if anyone had a resolution to this problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: ORA-02292: integrity constraint (SCOTT.FK_orderno) violated [message #36863 is a reply to message #35698] Fri, 28 December 2001 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan
I'm getting the same error when i try to delete the record. how did oyu get rid of it?
Thanks

Re: ORA-02292: integrity constraint (SCOTT.FK_orderno) violated [message #36868 is a reply to message #35698] Fri, 28 December 2001 07:55 Go to previous message
Suresh Vemulapalli
delete child record before deleting master record.

Previous Topic: Where can I find Sql*Loader to install
Next Topic: Confuse with arrays.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:49:26 CDT 2024